Tuesday, March 22, 2011

40 days of...

I'm reading a book (with others at our local church) titled, "a call to die".  We are supposed to be journaling as we read, but I must confess most of my "journal" is in my head.

Along with this read, we were also challenged to "fast" from something for 40 days.  Sounds easy, but for me it was a tough decision on what to deny myself of. I mean, it shouldn't be easy right? I should fast from something I need or want to do daily. Wow, that could be a long list such as: food, shelter, shopping, talking on phone, texting, surfing computer, making money, hobbies...the list could go on and on.

I admit being confused about what I should fast from, but thankfully, on the day 6 it was clear to me. I am now on my 4th day of my journey. Nope, not telling you yet. Check back, it will get more difficult I'm sure. But isn't that the way it should be....

No comments:

Post a Comment